Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
The Calgary Commissioning group requires a Mechanical Commissioning Specialist Technologist who will provide technical support for the building commissioning service line in Calgary. The position entails project delivery and continued development of the service line at a provincial level, with key functions related to:
- Delivery of Commissioning services for building mechanical systems with specific experience with mechanical Roof Top Unit (RTU) HVAC equipment.
- Delivery of Commissioning services associated with general electrical equipment including lighting systems and power distribution panels.
- Preparation of Commissioning documentation especially field reports and final reports.
- Interaction with general contractors, mechanical contractors and clients.
- Interaction with Division management.
- Assistance with proposal delivery and general project delivery in Western Canada.
- Conduct project delivery activities related to Building Commissioning, including: whole building commissioning, best practices Commissioning, LEED-related commissioning, retro-commissioning, and re-commissioning projects.
- Extensive site visits associated with the delivery of Commissioning services in and around the Calgary area with possible one or two day site visits throughout Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Attend meetings and coordinate work as related to Commissioning services with other disciplines and team members, including mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, building code, building envelope/science, and other specialty services at MH.
- Liaison/coordination with clients, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Assist with proposal delivery activities related to Building Commissioning, including: whole building commissioning, best practices Commissioning, LEED-related commissioning, retro-commissioning, and re-commissioning projects.
- Interact with the Commissioning management team to develop National strategies and business plans for the expansion of the service line.
The expectations for this Commissioning role include:
- 4-10 years of experience in HVAC design or maintenance. (Technologist diploma preferred)
- Strong familiarity with construction documentation including drawings and specifications.
- Ablility to manage projects independently.
- Interest in buildings, commissioning, energy management, sustainability and construction.
- Desire to divide time between on-site activities and office administrative duties.
- Ability to work independently with little/no daily supervision.
- Ability to travel extensively on primarily one-day site visits in Alberta with some travel to Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Ability to work on low-rise rooftops, outdoors throughout the year.
- Strong understanding of HVAC systems and mechanical controls, especially of RTU’s.
- Desire to perform work at high quality standards and to partner with clients to achieve client goals.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English.
- Strong understanding of the consulting engineering business.
- Key interest in strategic business planning and development.
- Desire and enjoyment of staff development and mentoring.
- Enjoy working in a collegial, staff empowered environment.