Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Morrison Hershfield, we recognize that there are many factors that influence career choices and that they can help make the workplace an enjoyable, fun and educational experience. That's why we've worked hard to ensure that everyone is a vital part of the Morrison Hershfield team.
We are looking for a an Intermediate Structural Engineer able to join our Transportation Department in Vancouver. Transportation is an important part of everyday lives and integral to the continued success of export-driven economies. In the face of growing demands, competing investment priorities, and aging infrastructure, transportation clients are searching for new, innovative and cost-effective solutions to delivering their mandates. Morrison Hershfield’s staff combine professional know-how, local experience and a global perspective to provide creative and effective engineering and management services from project inception through to construction completion.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of structural engineering services related to transportation projects.
- Preparation of designs for transportation structures including bridges, culverts, retaining walls and foundations.
- Oversee the development of design calculations, drawings, contract documents and engineering specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations (e.g. initiating or checking design, quantity and cost estimates).
- Use computer-aided design tools (e.g. CAD, SAP2000, MathCAD) to support your design analysis.
- Assisting in the analysis of engineering problems and design deficiencies recommending appropriate courses of action.
- Perform on-field and contract administration support as required for transportation structures
- Performing a wide-range of additional duties intended to support your growth and development within a professional engineering environment.
- Assist in preparation of engineering proposals and client service
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4-10 years of experience in a related field. (structural engineering, bridges, culverts, and retaining walls)
- Experience in the design and construction of bridges, culverts and retaining walls.
- Eligible to receive P.Eng. status. Preference will be given to candidates who have obtained their P.Eng.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills combined with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Self motivated and strong commitment to team work to meet common goals.
- A strong interest in learning and developing in a technical role on planning, design and construction projects.