Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Architectural Technologist is an integral part of the Architectural business unit's project success. Working with the Architectural Team, performing research, interacting at times with clients and working through the full project scope and system including some site coordination.
Interacting with Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and other Architectural staff, the Architectural Technologist will work on projects from start to finish. The Architectural Technologist would have intimate knowledge of the project and bring problems or changes to the attention of the appropriate project leaders.
- Perform product research, material selection and spec writing
- Prepare 3 –D visualizations of architectural designs
- Conduct site visits
- Analyze building codes, zoning requirements and site plan requirements, and coordination of site plan review documents
- Assist in the development of architectural designs from the conceptual design phase, through to and design development and the preparation of contract and bidding documents.
- Diploma in Architectural Technology
- 0-3 years experience working on commercial building projects
- Advanced skills using AutoCAD and REVIT
- Strong design experience and knowledge
- Strong knowledge of building construction
- Experience working on mechanical and electrical projects an asset
- Knowledge of Ontario Building Code, National Building Code
- Strong attention to detail and integration of design skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills a must
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast paced environment