Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The construction inspector will be responsible for inspection of railway, roadway, and heavy civil construction.
Inspects and oversees construction of railways, roads, buildings, culverts, and water/wastewater infrastructure to ensure that procedures and materials comply with plans and specifications
Measures distances to verify accuracy of dimensions of structural installations and layouts.
Verifies levels, alignment, and elevation of installations, using surveyors level and transit.
Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications.
Prepares samples of unapproved materials for laboratory testing.
Examines quality of finished installations for conformity to standard and approves installation.
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma
- An ability to read, interpret, verify and document conformance to the contract documents is required
- An ability to perform quantity take-offs and measure them in the field is required.
- Demonstrated success on the job as evidenced by prior satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility, and growth in previous position
- Acceptable oral and written communication skills - ability to properly document installation of work and contractors' performance
- Computer literate skills required - must have the ability to prepare punchlist and inspection reports into a computer generated format.