Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Morrison Hershfield, we recognize that there are many factors that influence career choices and that they can help make the workplace an enjoyable, fun and educational experience. That's why we've worked hard to ensure that everyone is a vital part of the MH team.
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill an opening for a Survey Assistant in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Field Supervisor or Party Chief, the Survey Assistant provides assistance to the survey team for the timely and efficient completion of surveys and assignments in order to meet contractual and legal obligations. The incumbent may be involved in engineering, construction or legal surveying in urban and/or rural areas.
- Set-up and operation of conventional survey and GPS equipment.
- Follow directives received from Field Supervisor or Party Chief to assist survey team.
- Prepare accurate field notes, when required.
- Clean and maintain equipment, maintain supplies, stock company vehicle, and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field, with minimal supervision.
- May be required to use tools and equipment such as chainsaw, machete, axe, sledge hammer, shovel, metal detector and survey tripod in order to complete assigned tasks.
- May be required to use hand and power tools to clear line quickly and efficiently.
- Willing to work in varied environmental conditions, able to work in wildlife populated areas, and willing to work in remote areas for extended periods and varied hours.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, reliable, dependable, sound judgment skills, and general computer knowledge.
- Willing to travel out of town for projects.