Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Morrison Hershfield, we recognize that there are many factors that influence career choices and that they can help make the workplace an enjoyable, fun and educational experience. That's why we've worked hard to ensure that everyone is a vital part of the MH team.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of Party Chief in our Vancouver Office. The Party Chief supports operational excellence by taking directions from the Project Manager and providing field survey services by directing a single field crew to complete projects in an accurate, timely and efficient manner to meet contractual obligations.
- Field completion of various types of surveys including control surveys, engineering surveys, cadastral surveys, construction layout survey and monitoring surveys.
- Communicate scope and schedule information to team members, set expectations, and ensure project tasks are completed on time. Delegate responsibilities, monitor progress and supervise team members to complete field work accurately and on time
- Liaise between Project Manager and client representative
- Manage information flow from field to office and prepare clear, concise and accurate field notes, records and calculations
- Ensure implementation of quality assurance, safety, and policy compliance
- 2 year technical diploma in Geomatics with up to 2+ years previous experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective communication skills and detail-orientation.
- Proven supervisory abilities.
- Proficiency in computer applications. (Total Station, GPS, Calc Software)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willing to travel out of town for projects.