Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Morrison Hershfield, we recognize that there are many factors that influence career choices and that they can help make the workplace an enjoyable, fun and educational experience. That's why we've worked hard to ensure that everyone is a vital part of the MH team.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual with survey-related drafting experience to fill the role of CAD Technician in our Vancouver office. In this role, the incumbent will produce technically accurate drawings and plans in a timely and cost efficient manner. The incumbent will utilize requirements outlined by the project team and client and ensure appropriate jurisdictional standards are followed.
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) to produce detailed and concise drawings and layout plans with technical accuracy under some supervision from the Project Manager
- Decipher information from preliminary data, field notes, sketches, GPS and total station data in order to create accurate drawings and plans
- Obtain Certificates of Title, legal plans, composite map, parcel identifier, and other documents from Land Title Office
- Interpret and compile Land Title information for preparation of accurate legal drawings
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner, exercising initiative and judgment to complete recurring assignments
- Diploma from a Technical Institute in CAD Drafting or Geomatics Technology
- 2+ years of survey-related CAD Drafting experience or equivalent technical experience
- Ability to multi-task, good organization, communication (written & verbal) and problem-solving skills