Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Morrison Hershfield is currently seeking a Systems and Electrical Inspector/ Test Technician to join our TYSSE Engineering Team. You will work from a dedicated project site in the Greater Toronto Area taking daily supervision from the Systems and Facilities Resident Superintendent on site. You will be responsible for the review of Contractor shop drawings and contract drawings to establish systems requirements for field inspections, performance of field inspection, examination, on-site work acceptance, and preparation of reports for work progress on assigned construction contracts for the transit project. As the authorized representative of the Systems Resident Superintendent, you will ensure that construction work is performed in accordance with the contract plans and specifications, as well as with applicable codes and safety regulations. As the project progresses, your role will evolve to monitor System Contractor testing and support TYSSE Systems integration testing.
- The Station Inspector is responsible for inspecting the work, materials and means and methods and to monitor that the requirements of the contract documents are fulfilled in a safe manner with the requisite quality
- Prepares daily reports for active construction contracts
- Issues non-conformance reports including the follow-up on required corrective actions including inspection of the same
- Observes, acts and reports on any contractual and non-contractual infractions of safety, security, operational interference, environmental protection measures or TTC customer and third party inconvenience
- Provides special inspection expertise in structural, civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical disciplines, as required for the type of construction work
- Liaises between the Contractor, TTC staff, utility companies, local municipalities, third parties and other external agencies
- Directs construction inspectors in their daily duties
- Attend meetings with the relevant stakeholders
- ‘Signs off’ on inspection reports and checklists for development of system and facilities safety
- Completion of a Engineering Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, or extensive experience obtained through the possession of a Certificate of Qualification in a skilled construction trade
- Five years of directly related experience
- Must have sound knowledge of the Occupational Health and Saftey Act
- Must possess sound judgement, strong organizational, administrative, observational and problem solving skills.
- Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills
- O.A.C.E.T.T. certification as an Engineering Technologist or P.E.O. registration would be an asset.